A giltwood console table, The belt ornamented in the center of an opened rocaille cartridge, flanked by stylized foliage, rests on two curved legs, carved with stylized foliage and a garland of flowers, the two legs joined together by a large openworked rocaille shell. Brèche d’Alep marble top. Original gilding.
Italy, Piemont, around 1750-1760
Dimensions : H : 36,2 in – W : 51,6 in – D : 25,6 in
A very similar console table illustrated in Il mobile Piemontese nel settecento, Roberto Antonetto, p.219, attributed to G.P. Baroni di Tavigliano (name taken by the architect Ignazio Agliaudi, who took his oncle’s name after he died). Pupil of the architect Filippo Juvarra.